Self-care to me is THE most important activity that you can do to build a solid mental, emotional and physical foundation. This foundation allows you to be the best version of yourself in every area of your life.
In my experience, unfortunately, many of you take it for granted. Perhaps because you were taught to put others first or that sitting down before finishing is weak. Whatever the reason is for you to not look after yourself first is taking you downhill mentally, physically and emotionally.
Stress v. Balance
Being a stress management specialist I know first-hand what stress state can do to your mind, body and soul. Doing anything on a low or high frequency (stress state) instead of the middle which I call balance or flow frequency will result in an outcome that isn’t what you were looking for leaving you feel angry, guilty, etc.
If you want to keep the balance in your life, you have to start to listen to your body, to your mind and your emotions. Is your body aching? Are you coming down with something again? Do you have negative thoughts more often? Are you more emotional than you usually are? These are all good questions to ask if you want to check in with yourself.
Relaxation to unwind
Regular, I say daily quality relaxation can help you to keep that balance in your life. There are so many ways you can look after yourself at home like switching off the TV, or any other technology, having a few minutes of “me time”, meditating, exercising, and the list goes on.
However, there are times when you need a bit more, like more time for yourself, support from others, a total environment change, stepping away from your everyday life and do something different.
And what better way to do this than to go on a retreat?
- A few days away in a stunning location
- Having the time just for yourself
- Surrounding yourself with like-minded women
- Sharing similar or the same struggles and learning how to overcome them
- Getting in touch with your inner-self to get to know yourself better so you can become the best version of yourself
- Activities that support your mind-body-spirit
- Support from qualified professionals
- Fine dining, food cooked by a chef
- And let’s not forget sleeping through the night and feeling refreshed in the morning
You can have them all when you go on a retreat that support your needs. All you have to do is choose the right one for you.